Monday, November 23, 2015

Altered Table Decoration for Thanksgiving

Happy Monday to all of you!

I have a fun Thanksgiving project to share with you today. It's part 2 of the gift set I began showing you last week on this post.

I mentioned that I am notorious for saving ribbon scraps. What I didn't say was that I save all kinds of things for my crafting.  My project for today shows you how fun it is to re-purpose everyday items found around your home! :)
The base to this decoration is actually an almond can.  The top 2 pieces are old ribbon spools that were spray painted white. Miscellaneous ribbons, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, vintage buttons, scrapbook paper, burlap and silk leaves, and foam fruit decorate the tower.  Touches of various Stickles add sparkle and shine.
I'll fill this with a yummy nut snack mix and then hubby will give it to some friends of ours this week.
I hope you are inspired to create something fun of your own with things you have around your house! Really Reasonable Ribbon has so many gorgeous trims and ribbons to add the perfect touch! :)

Ribbons and trims used:
tower - autumn diagonal striped grosgrain, delicate stitched satin old gold, wired woven check brown/white, seam binding dusty olive, burlap string orange
card - silky crush olive, shimmer satin tangerine with gold, autumn diagonal striped grosgrain

Wild Orchid Crafts flowers:
10 mm open roses, 15 mm open roses, cosmos, cherry blossoms

You can find more information on my blog, "Just Coffee Please..."

2 comments :

  1. Thanksgiving is life beautiful day your table decoration gift is nice .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Jennifer! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say